Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Peanut Butter Cookies (Kinda Sorta)

I'm not a big fan of chocolate chip cookies (I know, a character flaw I'm sure). I do make a pretty good chocolate chip cookie though. I like to use the same dough and add peanut butter chips to them to make a nice peanut butter cookie. I mixed up my usual cookie dough and went to the pantry and grabbed the bag of what I thought was peanut butter chips and they were mini Reeses Pieces instead. They were in fall colors (though fall has still not even begun to reach us here). They were well received at the office. This recipe makes a BUNCH of cookies.

PEANUT BUTTER CHIP COOKIES

1-2/3 cups shortening
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 bag Reeses Peanut Butter Chips (any chips at this point will work in this recipe)

Blend shortening with sugars. Add eggs one at a time blending well. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl mix flour with soda and salt. Mix into wet mixture. Add Reeses Pieces and mix. Scoop dough onto baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You really can't go wrong with this recipe. These cookies are always popular.
Your co-workers should buy you a present or something.
Maybe next time you could work some peanut butter into the dough?

Unknown said...

They also match halloween colors too! They look yummy, even though it's 7:45am. lol