Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
















Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. Probably because I love hearts. I am taking treats to the office (wellness will have to be held for one day).

The mini-cheesecakes are a nice little treat and you can jazz them up any way you like. The brownies are from a recipe I tried a few years ago when we had a brownie bake-off at our company picnic. I didn't win, but I think they are a great brownie.

MINI-CHEESECAKES

2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Vanilla wafers
Cherry pie filling (or topping of your choice)

In a bowl mix cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix with mixer until smooth. Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of a cupcake liner. Spoon filling into liners, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes. Chill. Garnish with pie filling. Recipe said it made 12, but I got 16 out of this recipe.

ULTIMATE BROWNIES

8 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 cup butter
5 eggs
3 cups granulated sugar
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups toasted chopped pecans

In a saucepan on low heat, melt butter and chocolate together. Cool. In a bowl mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla on high for 10 minutes. Mixture will be light and creamy. Slowly add chocolate and butter to egg mixture. Blend in flour. Do not over mix. Add pecans. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan and bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. I baked these in individual heart pans that had been sprayed with Pam at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you!
Your co-workers are going to love you!
Brownies and cheesecake? Wow.
I like the brownie recipe. I do that with the eggs- beating them at a high speed for a long time.

Save some for me, ok? I have family in southern Texas, so I'll just stay with them.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

They will adore you at work for these decadent treats. Happy Valentine's Day :D

Deborah said...

We used to have these mini cheesecakes all of the time growing up. Yum!

Happy Valentine's Day to you!!

Carla said...

I'll take one of those cheesecakes :)

Catherine Wilkinson said...

I hope your Sweet Day was sweet! It's one of my very favorite holidays too! Great treats! I wish I wasn't in a sugar haze!

Anonymous said...

Thanks and We did love them.
Just like all the other goodies you have brought.
They are the bestest....even the wellness treats.
M