Sunday, May 11, 2008

Savannah Cheesecake Cookies

We celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday. I made lunch and fixed these for dessert. This is a Paula Deen recipe. I'm leaving Saturday for Savannah for 4 days. I'll be taking the Paula Deen Tour. I know she is a busy lady, but I would be thrilled if I happened to see her. These are really light and the crust is really good.

SAVANNAH CHEESECAKE COOKIES

Crust:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans (toasted)
1 stick butter, melted

Filling:
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla or almond extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour, brown sugar, pecans, and butter in bowl. Press dough into an ungreased 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

For filling, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar together in a bowl until smooth, using a handheld electric mixer; add eggs and extract; beat well. Pour over crust. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into squares before serving.

5 comments:

Abby said...

I've been to Savannah a few times and have never made it to The Lady and Sons. Someday!

I have, however, used her recipes. And this looks like a keeper.

Hope you're well!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I see you are a Paula Deen fan:D I love it when she has her boys on her show:D These cheesecake cookies do sound amazing enough to try:D

Emily said...

Yum! These look great.
I hope you had a great time. Did you happen to see her?? Did you eat any Paula food?

Anj said...

Hey Em, no I didn't see her, but I did have some Paula food. Check out my trip report.

The Downtown Boutique said...

Oh my goodness! These look amazing! I love cream cheese, and cheesecake and sweets in general! I owuld love to try these.