Sunday, September 28, 2008

Operation Baking Gals



Last month I was surfing blogs and came upon Operation Baking GALS (Give A Little Support). This is a group of bakers dedicated to sending goodies to soldiers serving in Iraq. I'm always looking for a good reason to bake, so thought this would be a great one to get involved with. I missed the first few rounds but asked to be included and got a team this time around. My team is hosted by Stephanie of Mostly Useless Drivel . Our team is Team Daleske and the link will take you to a story about our soldier. Just amazing what the blogosphere will make happen. I'm happy to be a part of this endeavor. I'm sending along my chocolate chip cookies and hope the guys enjoy a little bit of home while they are doing such a brave job of defending our country.



2 comments:

La Madame Chapeau said...

Hello Anj :)

Such a lovely and thoughtful reason to bake :)

I met an American soldier who's on duty in Iraq a couple weeks ago on Yahoo, and it was easy to see how he was craving for home.

Your work will mean too much to them for sure.

wish there were no wars no more tears...

Cheers from Istanbul,
Banu

Lesley Looper said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and enjoyed seeing your pictures of baking and travels. Nice way to start my day! :)

Lesley in NC