Friday, June 11, 2010

Lemon Nut Cake


It has been a while since I posted. Life has just gotten busy and I don't get as much time or reason to bake. This is a recipe I've had in my files for a long time.

LEMON NUT CAKE

3/4 cup softened butter
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup undiluted evaporated milk
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoons grated lemon rind

Icing:
2 tablespoons lemon rind
1 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons lemon juice

Cream butter, gradually beat in sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir together flour, and baking soda. Combine evaporated milk and lemon juice. Alternately add dry ingredients and evaporated milk mixture to butter mixture; beat until smooth. Stir in nuts and rind. Spoon into lightly buttered 10-inch tube pan. Bake in slow oven, 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely. Drizzle with icing and sprinkle with lemon rind.

Icing: Stir powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over cake, sprinkle lemon rind.

3 comments:

Katy ~ said...

Hey, my friend, I hope all is going well with you. I was just thinking of you this morning, and now that I look at my reader, I see another delicious recipe from you. Of course, the word "lemon" leaped right out at me and I hastened myself right on over here. I do love lemon so will have this to my stash of recipes. Yummm.... thinking I have to move this to the top of the stash!

Hope you're having a great summer and that blessings abound.

Abby said...

Glad to see you back! Hope you're enjoying your summer.

Lemon and pecans. What a fabulous combo!

Marilyn said...

This looks sooo good, Angie. I wish I'd seen your post sooner - I would have asked you to put a piece in the freezer for me! Hey you never know, we'll get together one of these days!
Marilyn