Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summer Sunshine

This is a recipe from my friend who made it while I was on my trip to Oregon. She used roasted corn from Trader Joe's for this. I love Trader Joe's. There is a rumor that we are getting one in Houston and I can't wait! This truly does taste like summer and sunshine. Very yummy.

SUMMER SUNSHINE

2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 or 3 carrots shredded or use bagged shredded carrots
5 or 6 ears of corn cut from cob or use a bag of frozen
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet. Add chopped onion. After cooking for 1 minute add carrots. Cook 8 minutes. Add corn. Cook for 5 more minutes. Add milk salt and pepper.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Ohhhh I'm going to be so jealous if you get one! Maybe I'll come for a visit.

This sounds like a great side dish. I guess it's kind of like creamed corn, right?

Anj said...

I am so excited if we do get one. You can come visit if we do -- an open invitation! This isn't quite as creamy as creamed corn but nice and sweet with the corn and carrots. A nice side dish for sure. Take care, Em.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It really does look like sunshine on a plate Anj! I missed corn on the cob at the farmers market on Saturday but can't wait!

Katy ~ said...

Oh my does this look good. Writing this one down on a recipe card to keep!