Sunday, December 11, 2011

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

Christmas baking continues. I couldn't find my Mom's peanut butter cookie recipe. This isn't quite it, but I think this will do.

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 cup shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar (I used Sugar in the Raw for a sparkly effect).

Mix sugars and shortening together until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Mix in peanut butter until smooth. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together. Add to creamed mixture. Scoop dough onto cookie sheet and criss-cross with a fork dipped in water. Sprinkle sugar over and bake at 375 for 13 minutes until lightly browned.

No comments: