Saturday, December 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

I started out this holiday season with good intentions with this cookie but soon fizzled out and I have not done a lot of baking so far.  I put this cookie together using a couple of standard recipes.  I think they are worthy of staying in my good cookie recipes.

PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES

2 sticks butter, softened at room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In the bowl of your mixer add butter, both sugars, and peanut butter.  Mix on medium spead until light and fluffy -- about 3 minutes.  Add the eggs one at a time until mixed in well.  Add vanilla and mix well.  Combine all dry ingredients together and add slowly to wet mixture.  Fold in peanut butter chips.  Place tablespoons of dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Press down just a little.  Bake at 13-15 minutes until golden brown.


1 comment:

Abby said...

I just haven't had the time yet! But I love cookies like this - might have to try them. Merry Christmas!