Saturday, October 28, 2023

APPLE BREAD WITH CINNAMON PECAN CRUNCH



It has been so long since I posted a recipe.  Most of my baking is for friends or family who want things that are my go to recipes that are their favorites and they already exist on my blog.  Not a lot of reasons to try new recipes lately.

Seems that blogging has taken a back seat to watching cooking or baking videos on social media with videos which I follow a lot and get more ideas there. 


I had a friend coming for breakfast to catch up and thought I would take the opportunity to try something new.  Although the calendar says it is Fall, it has yet to reach us here on the Texas Gulf Coast but there is hope that a cold front is on its way.  It has been a really hot summer and we are so looking forward to being able to turn off the air conditioner!  

APPLE BREAD WITH CINNAMON PECAN CRUNCH

1-3/4 cup all purpose flour
2-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups finely chopped peeled apples (I used Gala)
1 cup chopped pecans (divided)

Topping:
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease or spray a loaf pan (I used 9 inch)

In a bowl mix together flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder

In a second bowl mix together the eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce and vanilla.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until incorporated.  Fold in the apples and other 1/2 cup pecans.  This batter is really thick  Spread into loaf pan.

Mix together the topping ingredients and sprinkle over loaf.  I tapped this down a bit into the batter so it would adhere better when baking.

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes until toothpick in middle comes out clean.  Rest for to 10 to 15 minutes before taking out of pan.



No comments: