Saturday, December 31, 2016

7-Up Biscuits



I have a friend whose favorite gift from my kitchen is biscuits.  I normally use my favorite recipe which I posted years ago Very Best Buttermilk Biscuits.

I didn't have ingredients for my usual recipe and a coworker had made these and brought to work so I thought I would try them.  Very easy, but not quite as good as buttermilk biscuits.  You can't taste the 7-Up.  It does make a light biscuit though.

7-UP BISCUITS

4 cups Bisquick
1 8 oz. container sour cream
1 cup 7-Up or any lemon-lime soda
1/4 cup butter

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  In a 9 x 13 pan, melt the butter.  In a bowl cut the sour cream into the Bisquick until well mixed.  Add soda.  Stir together and roll out onto floured surface.  Cut into 12 biscuits and place in buttered pan.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.  Butter tops of biscuits right out oven.

No comments: