Monday, November 9, 2020

SWEET ALABAMA PECAN BREAD


These days it is hard to bake for anyone other than family.  Pot lucks and gatherings with large groups have been gone since March when I went to my last pot luck.  I don't bake for myself, so baking these days comes with Sunday dinners with family or visiting my cousin.  I found this on Pinterest in several places so I decided to try it.  We have had a really nice pecan season this year after having several years of slim to none.  I took advantage of having some really nice ones for this recipe.

SWEET ALABAMA PECAN BREAD

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1-1/2 cups flour
2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
(If desired you can use 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour instead of all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt)
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups pecans, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups pecans, chopped

Mix all ingredients well and pour into a 9 x 13 baking pan that has ben sprayed with Pam or Baker's Joy.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean from middle.  Cool for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.

No comments: