Saturday, August 11, 2007

Blondes Have More Fun........

Well, I really wouldn't know that as I have never been blonde. Most blonde brownies are made with chocolate chips. I don't care for chocolate (I know -- freaky huh?). These are not for me, but I had no chocolate chips in the pantry so just added extra pecans.

BLONDE BROWNIES

1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup toasted pecans
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix dry ingredients together. Add oil, add eggs, add vanilla. Stir until blended well. Add chocolate chips and pecans. Bake in a 7 x 11 pan at 350 for 20 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.


1 comment:

JANET said...

This recipe is a lot like one my mother had for what she called butterscotch bars. I haven't made them in a long, long time! Now my mouth is watering.