Monday, September 10, 2007

Rooty-Tooty -- Fresh and Fruity















I took a vacation last week and went to Canada. I have friends who live in New Westminster, B.C. which is near Vancouver. My friends took me to an area called the Okanagan which is apparently notable for its abundance of fruit. There are lots and lots of fruit stands along the way. We stopped at this one and it was decorated so nice. If you look in the trees behind the cars you can see some orange gourds in the trees. My friend's husband pointed them out to me and said 'see how they grow them in the trees?' I have to admit to being gullible for just a minute until I realized they are just hanging in the trees for decoration. The drive was absolutely beautiful. I loved seeing the lakes and mountains and feeling some COOL temperatures.

Another birthday at work today and so I decided to make a fruit salad. I took an angel food cake also with some Cool Whip.

FRUIT SALAD

Fruit glaze:

3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pineapple juice (drained from an 8 ounce can of pineapple tidbits)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons corn starch

Mix all ingredients and bring to a boil until thickened. Cool and pour over fruit of your choice and chill. For this bowl I used grapes, nectarines, strawberries, pineapple tidbits, apple. and banana.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I love how they decorated with those pumpkins and gourds! That bowl with the fruit in it is also too cute, too.