Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oatmeal Cookies


I read Anna's Cookie Madness blog every day. No doubt, if a blog is titled Cookie Madness, then surely the cookies will be great. This recipe for oatmeal cookies was posted the other day and I had the ingredients on hand so gave them a try. They are very good. I had hired someone this weekend to do some projects around the house and gave him some for his hard work. Following is the recipe as I made them.

OATMEAL COOKIES
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup chopped pecans (toasted)

Beat the first 6 ingredients (shortening through vanilla) together in a mixing bowl. Combine flour, salt, cinnamon, soda, and oats. Add pecans. Stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease cookie sheets. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls spacing 2 inches apart and bake at 350 degrees 15 minutes. I used a cookie scoop and got 3-1/2 dozen cookies.

3 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

They are good for you too Anj...I am sure of it:D

Abby said...

They look great! Cookies and milk are one of my fave snacks ... much like everybody else in at least the U.S., I'm sure!

Emily said...

Such a classic! I love oatmeal cookies.