Saturday, July 31, 2010

Easy Chocolate Muffins


I went to visit some friends the other morning and wanted to take a treat. I searched what I had in the pantry and looked at different recipes in my cookbooks and came up with these. I'm not a big fan of chocolate and these are not overly sweet, but my friends were pleased.

EASY CHOCOLATE MUFFINS

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk (I used evaporated)
1/4 cup butter, melted.
1 egg
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add milk, butter, and egg. Stir just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full of batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments: