Saturday, October 9, 2010

Coconut Pecan Bars

We had a small retirement party brunch at work yesterday. I made my Snickerdoodles and these pecan bars to take. It's almost pecan time here in Texas -- I can't wait!

COCONUT/PECAN BARS

Crust:
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar

Filling:
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl combine flour, butter, and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Beat at low speed for 2 minutes until crumbly. Pat into a 9 x 13 pan lined with parchment. Bake for 12-17 minutes until lightly browned. In another bowl combine all filling ingredients and mix well for 1-2 minutes. Pour over hot crust. Bake for an additional 17-22 minutes until golden brown and filling is set. Cool completely and cut into bars.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Angie!
These sound very much like my Aunt Laura's bars, but your recipe calls for more ingredients - and more coconut which is always a hit with me. Thanks!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Coconut and pecans, I don't know if I could eat just one...but why try:D

Abby said...

Coconut, pecans and brown sugar - a wonderful trinity if I've ever seen one! These would be a hit at work.

Katy ~ said...

Now don't these sound super good. And fresh pecans...I can only dream. We get them here all packaged up after heaven knows how long. Pecans are a huge favorite with me, and coconut... heavenly!!