Sunday, May 13, 2018

CHOCOLATE DREAM COOKIES


A recent birthday for a friend who loves chocolate.  I had made some really good chocolate cookies before but was not at home to search my files for that recipe so I went in search of a similar one.

Searching the trusty Internet, I found the following recipe from Nestle and I think they were a big hit.

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE DREAM COOKIES

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour.
1/2 cup baking cocoa 
1 teaspoon baking soda.
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened.
1 cup packed brown sugar.
3/4 cup granulated sugar.
2 large eggs.
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.  In another bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla until creamy.  Beat in eggs for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in morsels.  Drop by rounded tablespoon (I used a cookie scoop) onto parchment paper.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes until cookies are puffed.  Cool on baking sheets.

No comments: