Thursday, June 28, 2007

Easy Spicy Chicken and Rice

This is a quick dish that can be thrown together and takes no time. I promise it tastes better than it looks. It's best served with maybe some refried beans and guacamole, but my cupboard is usually pretty bare and this is what I had.

EASY SPICY CHICKEN AND RICE

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 onion chopped
1-1/2 cups rice (I used basmati)
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes and chilies
1 can chicken broth
1 tablespoon oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste
I added a special spice blend that I have that has cumin in it. You could use cumin with some chili powder or whatever you like.

Cut chicken into small pieces. Saute in pan with chopped onion until tender and chicken is no longer pink. Add rice and saute until just barely brown. Add Ro-Tel tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for 20-25 minutes until rice is done.

1 comment:

Abby said...

That actually sounds really good! I don't think I'd miss the guac and beans ...

And I LOVE horseradish. I think I'm going to have to make that dip soon!