Sunday, June 24, 2007

Pecan Praline Muffins

I found this recipe looking through some old cookbooks. The brown sugar glaze reminds me of the 'gritty' texture of a praline. The muffins are not too sweet, so this glaze adds a nice amount of sweet to them.

PECAN PRALINE MUFFINS

1 stick butter
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I always toast mine)

For the glaze:
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 375. Prepare muffin pans. I got 18 muffins from this recipe. I used liners but you could just butter your pans if you prefer.

In a small saucepan melt butter until lightly brown, careful not to burn. Set aside to cool completely. In a bowl mix dry ingredients together, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt.

When butter is cooled completely, add the milk, eggs, and vanilla. Add this wet mixture to the dry mixture. Stir until just blended, do not over mix. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Place glaze on muffins while still warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm...those look so good. I really like muffins, they are so easy to do ahead and have for a quick breakfast! I will be trying these.