Friday, June 8, 2007

London Bridge


This is the famous London Bridge that was brought in pieces to Arizona in 1971. During my trip to Laughlin we took a side trip to Lake Havasu City, Arizona and saw the bridge. The area around it used to have nice shops and fountains but it has gone down for the last few years. We visited a brewery there and my friends enjoyed a sampling of the different types of beer.

It was my friend's birthday while there. I took her a Heritage Cookbook from my town (I'm published!). Even though it was her birthday she brought a gift for me too. She has given me every Paula Deen cookbook there is but there were two more books that she brought for me. Paula Deen 'It Ain't All About the Cookin' and The Deen Brothers' Cookbook. What a nice gift for 'her' birthday! I had a nice visit and now it is time to find some cooking to add to this blog. I need more people to cook for -- everyone I know lately is on a diet!

No comments: