Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Butter Pecan Dump Cake


Dump cakes are those kind of recipes that have so many different types but usually just consist of some sort of fruit or pie filling 'dumped' into a pan, usually some pineapple added, then a cake mix and butter. This one is just a little different but is a very good variation.

BUTTER PECAN DUMP CAKE

1 (29 ounce ) can of sliced peaches with syrup (do not drain)
1 package of (dry) Butter Pecan cake mix
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1-1/2 sticks butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Pour peaches with juice into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over peaches. Spread coconut over cake mix and add pecans. Pour melted butter over all slowly and evenly. Bake in a preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving. Great with ice cream.

8 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Butter Pecan has always been one of my favourite ice cream flavours Anj so this cake would of course be right up my alley:D

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Very interesting version. I'll have to try it sometime!

Katy ~ said...

I have not see butter pecan cake mix either but like Bellini Valli I love that flavor ice cream! I shall have to look for it. This cake sounds amazing!

Jannett said...

What a great idea for a dump cake. I will be trying this one. Did you crochet the doily on the table? :)

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness, I've never seen it done like this before! I can't wait to try it!!! Thanks :o)

Anj said...

Kathy: I've been making dump cakes forever and never had this one until now. It's really a good topping for sure. Thanks for stopping by with a comment.

Mary Lou said...

i am the dump cake queen at work and can't wait to try this one. Butter pecan is my favorite ice cream so it's got to be good.

Anj said...

Hi Mary Lou. I like dump cakes too and I think this one is a definite winner. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by with a comment.